« 
 


  Das Haus vor dem Umbau Abriss- und Bauphase Das Haus nach der Kernsanierung   Pension  ««  More about Geothermy  ««  History of GEOYES

The Pils Brothers bought House 28 in the historic Mühlbruchsiedlung in 1996. This housing complex dates from 1861 and was built by the Frankfurt Community Building CO (then 1 year old) to plans by Professor Simon.

The semidetached houses are of clear - cut, late classical design. After being flattened by bombs in WW II, the housing complex was rebuilt in 1950 by Herr Laroch. The Pils brothers undertook a complete restoration in close communication with the Dept. of Historical Buildings.

The work began in 1997 and continued for the next 5 years, ranging from new foundations and integration of underground energy system to new roofing with solar panels. Emphasis was placed on producing a low-energy building, with geothermal energy given precedence.

Our goal as a bed and breakfast was to promote and publicise the use of geothermal energy and it´s advantages as a source of warmth, cooling and electricity, over conventional energy sources such as nuclear power, oil or gas.

«« back to previous site
 

» Impressum | Created by aponmedia